I won’t take credit for this one. It’s a Jamie Oliver recipe.
I know we’re heading into summer and this is an “autumnal recipe” blah blah, but I can’t wait until fall to post this one, people!! Figs are hard to find year round anyways, right?? Well, if you are lucky enough to have some of these precious little babies around then please make this one. It’s so sophisticated, look, there’s blackberries, grilled figs, and pistachios. Jamie Oliver just decided to add all the expensive, fancy ingredients into the same recipe. And it works! Easy to assemble and full of wonderful flavours, it makes a great breakfast or an afternoon stack.
Sticky Cinnamon Fig & Yoghurt Bowls
- 4 ripe figs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 70 g blackberries
- 300 g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachio nuts
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Halve the figs and arrange cut-side up on skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cinnamon, orange juice and honey until combined, then spoon over the figs. Grill for 5-8 minutes, or until tender and sticky.
- Scatter the blackberries over the figs and cook for a final 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the yoghurt between four bowls. Top with the grilled fruit, reserving the juices in the tray.
- Scatter the granola and pistachios over the bowls and drizzle with the reserved juices to finish.
PS: you can watch me making the recipe here! I mean, click the link and follow me on instagram while you’re at it! haha