Ugh, it’s been a long week. TGIF am I right.
Do you know how I cope with life? I watch old shows over and over and over again. It’s marvellous for the soul. I just binge watched Gilmore Girls for the hundredth time, and have recently moved on to Dawson’s Creek. It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions though. On one hand it’s absolutely lovely and comforting and nostalgic like a warm hug, but on the other hand…well, I’m in love with Pacey Witter, and let me tell you, being in love with a TV character is just a recipe for disaster. Besides, Pacey absolutely ruins expectations for all men. I’m so heartbroken.
Anyway, this Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes & Tahini Toast is anything but a recipe for disaster. It’t quite the opposite: it’s so simple, yet so perfect, like all simple things in life. I wasn’t going to post it, but I shared it in my stories and it was a bit of a hit, so even though you barely need a recipe – I just eyeball everything – I ultimately thought it deserved its own post. You wouldn’t believe the amount of times I go back and check some of my own recipes because I simply can’t remember all the details, so I know future me will appreciate this post. So I dedicate this to her: beautiful, inspiring, future me. I hope you make us proud.
A little bit about the recipe: this is obviously a great breakfast idea – I make it all the time for breakfast – but it’s also a great afternoon snack. You can make the tomatoes ahead of time and keep them in the fridge and just assemble the toast, but making it fresh is always superior, if ask me. It requires minimal work: place all ingredients in a baking dish and roast until blistering and soft. It’s wonderful on crusty sourdough or challah bread. A generous drizzle of tahini ties the whole thing together. A match made in heaven. Just like Joey and Pacey. Just saying – iykyk.
Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes & Tahini Toast
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 4 slices crusty sourdough bread
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper into an ovenproof dish. Mix to combine. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until blistering and soft.
- Meanwhile, make the toast: heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a generous amount of olive oil; add the bread to the skillet and fry each side until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Top toasts with roasted tomatoes – and a spoonful of the balsamic mixture from the bottom of the baking dish!-Gently smear the tomatoes into the bread and drizzle with tahini and add black pepper and parsley. Enjoy!
If you make this Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes & Tahini Toast please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I’d love to hear from you and I love responding to each and every comment. And if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your photos.
Pingback:Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes & Tahini Toast — from a small kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels