The holidays are here! Cue the Christmas movie marathon. Ugh I’m so excited. I watch the same ones every year, because unlike my adventurous eating tendencies, when it comes to Christmas movies I want the same old ones over and over again. It’s comforting, blissful escapism.
Some of my favorites – in no particular order:
While You Were Sleeping
What’s your favorite Christmas movie? Let me know in the comments!
On a different note… let’s talk about easy breakfasts..
If you’ve read my last post, you know how much I love sautéed mushrooms. It’s a simple way to incorporate a lot of flavor into a dish. Simply sautée them over high heat until they begin to brown and caramelize. Here, the mushrooms are served with a fried egg over a toast that’s been fried in olive oil, and drizzled with a quick spicy mayo. It’s so good!!
I hope you try it. If you do please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this Sautéed Mushroom Breakfast Toast recipe a rating! I’d love to hear from you and I love responding to each and every comment. And if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your photos.
Sautéed Mushroom Breakfast Toast
- olive oil (lots of it)
- 7 oz mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (I used oyster mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 thick slice crusty bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp sriracha
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 8 minutes until browned. Season with salt and pepper, toss and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, until golden brown all over. Remove and set aside.
- Add a generous amount of olive oil to same skillet; add the bread and fry each side until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Return skillet to heat and fry the egg to your desired doneness.
- Mix the mayo and sriracha together in a small bowl.
- Serve the egg atop the toast, drizzle with spicy mayo, and sprinkle with chives.