Let’s pretend summer isn’t pretty much over for a few more posts because I still have recipes to share, okay? Thank you, now let’s talk about this Peach Caprese Grilled Chicken. Sometimes I work on a recipe and then have a real time coming up with a title that properly describes it. You want it to be accurate, enticing, but concise. So I guess Prosciutto Balsamic Peach Chicken Salad with Fresh Mozzarella – my first choice – was a tad too much?
So let’s just go with Peach Caprese Grilled Chicken, because technically it’s Caprese inspired. The concept came from me seeing a Caprese Chicken Salad and deciding to transform it into a whole new thing. Once I started adding new ingredients I couldn’t stop. Sue me.
This is a gorgeous summer salad. There’s fresh peaches and grilled corn, but it can be an any-season salad. As with most recipes, it’s easily customizable. So no fresh peaches? No problem. My favorite part is the abundance of protein choices. If you, like me, eat a lot of protein – gotta build those muscles – you’ll be happy to learn there’s chicken thighs, prosciutto, and mozzarella. All served on a very light bed of greens, because balance.
Despite all the different components, it’s very simple: the dressing is just balsamic vinegar, or better yet, balsamic reduction. It’s a perfect way to top those fresh mozzarella slices, and it’s a perfect Italian ingredient to go with perfect Italian flavors. Balsamic vinegar is one of those staple ingredients I always have in my kitchen. It’s worth splurging on a good-quality one, I always say. Same goes for olive oil.
By the way, I’ve been adding videos of recipes that I hope will make things more clear and encourage you to cook! Of course you’re also welcome to follow me on tiktok for recipe videos and cinematic masterpieces. But I digress.
I quickly grill the corn on the cob over an open flame on a gas stove – or directly onto a electric stove’s burners. They should be set to medium high. Cook until charred all over, turning often, very carefully. I use tongs, but if you try this method, please be careful!! Otherwise, use a grill or skillet and it’ll work just fine. Everything else is very straightforward so let’s just jump to the recipe!
Peach Caprese Grilled Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 2 peaches
- 1 ear corn
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn
- 2 cups salad greens
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat the olive in a skillet over medium high. Add chicken thighs and cook about 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked through. Slice and set aside.
- Grill the corn: I grill it over an open flame on a gas stove, but you can grill it directly onto a electric stove’s burners. Carefully using a tong to turn it until charred all over. Alternatively use a skillet or a grill. Place one end of the cob on the cutting board. Then, cut the kernels off: using a sharp knife, cut downward, as close to the base of the kernels as possible, while taking care not to angle the blade into the cob itself. Rotate the ear of corn, and repeat the cut until all the kernels have been removed.
- Slice the mozzarella and peach.
- Assemble the salad: place the greens on a serving platter. Top with chicken, peach, and mozzarella slices. Add corn and torn prosciutto.
- Drizzle with the balsamic and finish with the basil.
Tips & Tricks:
If you make this Peach Caprese Grilled Chicken please be sure to leave a comment! I’d love to hear from you and I love responding to every comment. And don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photos!