Hi friends! How’s everything? I’ve thrown out my back and it’s been ✨unbearable✨ but you know, no biggie. I’m getting better and feeling human again lol
I shot this Roasted Grape and Acorn Squash Salad with Halloumi recipe a while ago, and let’s face it, not my best work. I’ve decided to post it anyway because it’s a great recipe, more importantly, a great fall/winter recipe. I love adding sweetness to savory dishes, and by roasting the grapes you bring out a beautiful complex sweetness that elevates their flavor. Throw in the acorn squash and you have a rich salad that comes together pretty much in one dish. Then we have the fried halloumi, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I added watercress because I love its peppery taste and texture, but you can add spinach or arugula instead.
If you make this Roasted Grape and Acorn Squash Salad with Halloumi please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I’d love to hear from you and I love responding to each and every comment. And if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your photos!
Roasted Grape and Acorn Squash Salad with Halloumi
- 1 small acorn squash, cut into 1” wedges
- 1 cup red grapes
- 4 oz halloumi cheese, sliced
- 2 oz watercress
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place acorn squash slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over squash, tossing until coated. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the sheet and carefully nestle in the grapes onto the squash. Continue roasting for about 10 more minutes, or until the grapes begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high. Add olive oil and fry halloumi slices until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Assemble the dish by laying the squash on a serving dish. Top with grapes, halloumi, and watercress. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve warm or at room temperate.