Hello reader! Long time no post! Please forgive me, I still take this blog very seriously – despite my inconsistency – life just happens to get in the way sometimes and I clearly need to work on my poor time management skills.
But I’m back with another super easy, super delicious, super customizable recipe. Before we get into that, though, I have to talk about this little book I’ve just finished reading: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
Omg. It’s riveting, it’s juicy, it’s intriguing. It feels so real that I more than once had to stop myself from googling the characters as if I were googling actors from a movie I was watching. I had to constantly remind myself that Celia St James isn’t a real person! It’s old Hollywood and glamorous, it makes me think of Elizabeth Taylor, Taylor Swift, and Wildest Dreams. It got me absolutely immersed in its world and I highly recommend it!
My next recommendation is this lovely dish: Tahini-Rubbed Chicken With Dates. I’ve already professed my love of tahini, but currently I’m very much involved in a love affair with dates. They add sweetness to a dish, they make a great snack, they’re healthy, what’s not to love! So I’m basically combining two great loves in one dish, it’s a bomb, it’s a love bombing dish – the best kind of love bombing. Although the pomegranate seeds are absolutely optional, I recommend adding them for texture and for their beauty. They make everything look prettier, like adding the right accessories to an otherwise basic look.
Tahini-Rubbed Chicken With Dates
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together tahini, honey, and paprika until smooth and well combined.
- Blot chicken dry with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper. Rub the tahini mix all over chicken and under the skin.
- Heat olive oil in ovenproof skillet. Add sliced onions and saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Add chilli flakes, and chicken thighs and brown on both sides; 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Roast chicken for 20 minutes. Remove skillet from the oven, and nestle dates around the chicken. Roast for 15-20 minutes longer, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add chopped parsley, grated parmesan and pomegranate seeds, and serve.
If you make this Tahini-Rubbed Chicken With Dates please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I’d love to hear from you and I love responding to each and every comment. And if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your photos.