Dear reader, I think I’m in love with tahini. I put it on everything! It’s an addiction. If I’m having breakfast, it’s on my toast, if I’m having lunch I drizzle it all over my plate, and now it has found its way into my desserts, too. Oh wait, there’s more. Thanks to Claire Saffitz, I am now aware of the fact that tahini somehow makes challah bread even better, and now you know how I like my bread.
This is how I currently deal with my problems; I just add a spoonful of tahini and everything just falls into place. It’s magic. The other day, when I was craving for sweets after lunch and all I had was stupid bananas, I just had to put two and tow together, and bam: tahini banana ice cream. I’ve been eating it so often I can guarantee, it is indeed magical. And it’s only 3 ingredients, so it’s cheap and easy, too! It’s the little things in life, you know..
Well, technically it’s not really magic, it’s just frozen bananas and tahini, but boy is it good. So creamy and smooth!! I recommend keeping a bag of peeled, chopped bananas in the fridge at all times just in case you need some last minute magic in your life. It never fails.
Tahini Banana Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 80g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly choppped
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, optional
- Peel the bananas and chop them into small pieces. Place them in a container or resealable bag. Freeze until solid – at least 2 hours.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and allow to defrost for 15 minutes – this is a very important step, as it makes the process so much easier and it’s the perfect consistency.
- Place the bananas and tahini in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth and creamy – about 2 minutes. (Keep blending and scraping down the food processor as the last bits of banana smooth out)
- Transfer the ice cream to a bowl and fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Serve with extra chocolate and chopped walnuts sprinkled over the top.
Tips & Tricks: It can be served immediately or be kept in the freezer for up to a month.
If you make this Tahini Banana Ice Cream please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I’d love to hear from you and I love responding to each and every comment. And if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your photos
Pingback:Tahini-Rubbed Chicken With Dates - from a small kitchen
Pingback:Chocolate Pots de Crème - from a small kitchen