This Shaved Broccoli and Grape Salad is so simple, so easy and quick, you barely need a recipe. I had a similar version at Whole Foods and it was so unexpectedly good that I had to try it myself. The hardest part is shaving the broccoli – it can be a bit tricky, in that case, just use a knife to thinly slice it.
I don’t usually eat raw broccoli, but the thin slices are delicate and add a nice a crunch to this super fresh salad. There’s absolutely no cooking involved, so it only takes a few minutes, and it’s a great addition to any weekday meal.
For an antioxidant – and delicious!! – version, add blueberries and goji berries. For a nutty, protein and fiber rich version, add hemp seeds.
Shaved Broccoli and Grape Salad
- 1/2 head broccoli, florets thinly shaved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grapes, halved and deseeded
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the cider vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the shaved broccoli, onion, and grapes in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss until evenly coated. Add red pepper flakes, transfer to plates, and serve.
Tips & Tricks: Add goji berries and blueberries for a super delicious, antioxidant version.
If you make this Shaved Broccoli and Grape Salad please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I’d love to hear from you and I love responding to each and every comment. And if you make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your photos and feedback!