This is a quick dinner idea that’s perfect for hot summer evenings. It’s fresh, super simple, and takes less than 30 minutes. Instead of the classic tomato-and-mozzarella combo, here we have a strawberry-mozzarella salad – just a fun twist on a classic!
Maple Glazed Salmon With Buffalo Mozzarella Strawberry Salsa
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz strawberries
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- juice and zest from 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 oz Buffalo Mozzarella
- Finely dice the strawberries, onion, and jalapeño.
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, onion, jalapeño, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasonings if necessary. Let sit.
- Season the salmon fillets on both sides with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and soy sauce. Place salmon fillets inside the bowl and cover with sauce.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium high. Add olive oil.
- Sear the salmon 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately topped with the strawberry salad. Roughly tear the buffalo mozzarella up into smaller pieces and place over salsa.
Tips & Tricks: swap the Buffalo mozzarella for fresh mozzarella or burrata.